The Solomon Islands is in the early stages of state capture by China. With its growing geopolitical influence in the Solomons, China is expanding the Belt & Road Initiative into the South Pacific, an area of strategic importance for the Australia, United Kingdom, and United States (AUKUS) alliance.
Unlock this free Executive Report and gain intelligence on:
- Chinese-Solomon Islands memorandum of understanding (MoU) on security cooperation;
- China’s influence in Solomon domestic politics;
- The possibility of China establishing a military presence in the Solomons, including a naval base;
- Chinese-funded infrastructure projects, including in the Port of Honiara, Guadalcanal island (satellite imagery included);
- Growing Chinese investments in the Solomons, with emphasis on Huawei in the telecommunications sector;
- What the AUKUS can do to prevent the Solomons from being fully subsumed into the Chinese sphere of influence.
China in the Solomon Islands (Executive Report)
Send download link to:
This is an Executive Report— a periodical intelligence analytical product catering to busy executives, decision-makers, consultants, and analysts that must stay informed yet are short on time. Executive Reports are condensed but in-depth, and highlight enterprise-relevant actionable intelligence serving government, non-government, and private-sector users operating across various fields.
Do you want a bespoke Executive Report tailored to your needs?
Or a monitoring project diving deeper into this topic?
Reach out today!