On 15 November 2021, T-Intelligence’s sister branch and training service, Knowmad OSINT, marked one year since its inception. Around 100 people went through the Knowmad OSINT training to acquire or enhance their OSINT skills during the past year. Students, career starters, seasoned professionals, and hobbyists took up our course. Various Individuals, private companies, and government-sector agencies entrusted us with OSINT training, including one of the world’s leading postgraduate programs in Security, Intelligence, and Strategic Studies.
When planning started for the course, seeing the increased interest on the civilian job market for OSINT skills, we based our training design on three main pillars:
- OSINT for all: we wanted our course to be accessible to beginners and bring value to established professionals. In addition, our content and lessons would be exclusively based on openly and freely available resources so that participants do not stumble across paywalls or other barriers.
- INT back into OSINT: First and foremost, OSINT is an intelligence practice at its core. Our training underscores this aspect and takes an interdisciplinary and analytical approach to OSINT.
- More than just an INT: While honouring OSINT’s original mission in national security and defense, we choose to take an innovative approach to the field. We wanted our course to embody Mark Lowenthal’s idea from the late 1990s, namely that OSINT is slowly becoming a facet of the other collection disciplines. As a result, our course covers the open-source applications of IMINT, GEOINT, SIGINT, and HUMINT/SOCMINT.
We’re happy to report that our training helped people break into the intelligence field, climb the job ladder or find their calling as early career-starters. We want to thank everyone, not only our Knowmads but also our T-Intelligence readers, for tuning in for our periodical articles and engaging with us on social media. It’s been a blast!
Moving forward into Year Two, Knowmad OSINT will continue to grow and proliferate OSINT expertise to both the public and clandestine communities. T-Intelligence will continue to provide the OSINT action it has done for the past five years.
If you or your organization is interested in developing OSINT skills, send us a message!
The T-Intelligence & Knowmad OSINT team
- Russia Bombs Maternity Ward & Children’s Hospital in Mariupol As Part of Siege - 10 March 2022
- T-Intell’s OSINT Training Marks One Year Anniversary - 18 November 2021
- IS-K Never Left the Battlefield - 27 August 2021